English phrases


Here are some common English phrases and their definitions:

Good morning/afternoon/evening: 
Greetings used at different times of the day.

How are you? 
A general greeting used to ask how someone is doing.

I'm fine, thank you.
A common response to "How are you?"

Nice to meet you.
A phrase used to express pleasure at meeting someone new.

Excuse me. 
A polite way to get someone's attention.

Sorry. 
A word used to apologize for something.

Thank you.
 A word used to express gratitude.

You're welcome.
 A common response to "Thank you."

Please.
 A word used to make a request more polite.
Yes, please.

 A common response to "Would you like...?" or "Can I get you...?"
No, thank you.

 A polite way to decline an offer.
See you later. 

A phrase used to say goodbye to someone you expect to see again soon.
Goodbye. 

A more formal way to say goodbye.
Here are some more specific English phrases that are commonly used in different situations:

At a restaurant:

Can I see a menu?
I'd like to order the...
Can I have a glass of water?
The bill, please.
At a store:

May I help you?
I'm looking for...
How much does this cost?
I'll take it.
On public transportation:

Excuse me, is this seat taken?
Can you tell me when to get off for...?
Could you please move over?
At a doctor's office:

What seems to be the problem?
I'm having pain in my...
Do you have any allergies?
I'll need you to take off your...
At a job interview:

Tell me about yourself.
Why are you interested in this position?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Do you have any questions for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

எதனாலே , எதனாலே ?

எளிமையான வாக்கியங்கள்